Sunday, April 9, 2017

Aug 2014

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<livejournal>
<entry>
<itemid>157845</itemid>
<eventtime>2014-08-24 01:16:00</eventtime>
<logtime>2014-08-24 05:16:20</logtime>
<subject>Aint No Sunshine When She's Gone</subject>
<event>
by Emmit Other Persephone Stolen by that Underworld Hades Makes the world winter Six months while she is gone So bright her promise was So angry And unaware of her anger Lingering letters of self righteousness Ranging far flung lies From the mongers of deceit No dead greek god has stolen sunlight She has buried herself. Did I help heap on the ashes? When I broke into sunlight Sunlight ran into hell. I didn't bury sunlight But Persephone used her own excuses All I tried to do Was bank a few shots of truth Down into the empty canyons of darkness With a dash of humor And a side of irony Didn't work. The anger unyielding Turned on me I'm no saint of course The anger I have against the lies Comes pouring out of every pore If insult is received It is the fault of the offender Not the the offended And yet... There was the minced words And the cold war We didn't start the fire But the world's been burning Since the world's been turning I kept my faith I kept my covenant Every commandment Every vow kept I suppose it unreasonable to expect the same When it is patently obvious "I'm not perfect" Is an excuse to act the little hellion Love is the most basic commandment Bitchiness is not love Slamming doors is not love Echoing hate is not love Love is patient Love endures Love commits kind acts And sometimes a lack of contact Is love But there is a fundamental difference Between not calling After years of never having been called before And unfriending On a pathetic social network site It is not the unfriending that insults But the conditions placed on future contact As if I'd even consider it. We do this dance about not knowing each other You don't even bother with the basics. You don't even try. I know I've tried. I might not know all of you But I know what you find important And I never insulted your church Or questioned your motives for joining it Till now. You've broken my heart And you've shattered your mother's heart That is your choice But I forgave you that decision Until now. No lost cause expeditions No sailing to byzantium No Orpheus to the underworld to steal back sunshine We're up here In the world Waiting for you I'm not holding my breath In fact I'm pretty much expecting Neverending winter. No thaw will melt this freeze. Not now Not ever But I'm still here. As always. For the sun still shines on the wicked And the heretic The good and the bad alike. Take your ball And go home. Just don't expect me to chase you any more.
</event>
<security>public</security>
<allowmask>0</allowmask>
</entry>
</livejournal>

No comments:

Post a Comment