Sunday, April 9, 2017

Mar 2015

This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below.
<livejournal>
<entry>
<itemid>160115</itemid>
<eventtime>2015-03-14 22:52:00</eventtime>
<logtime>2015-03-15 02:52:36</logtime>
<subject>Would I Be In The Posse</subject>
<event>
by Emmit Other Would I Be in The Posse When Gary Cooper came around? I can tell you I'm not in that crummy little town I'm not the stupid deputy I put higher stakes in loyalty than that And I'm not the sniveling hotel owner I'd sooner light that guy on fire Than be him I'm not a peaceful man So I couldn't be Grace Kelly I'm not yet broken to dust So I wouldn't be the town drunk And I'm no one's mentor Not then the marshal that was And I'll never preach another word of God again Glad my wedding wasn't in a church Can't call myself a 14 year old kid I'm no innocent Not any more Or a coward who lets his wife speak for him When he should show his face Part of me acts like the Judge sometimes Smart enough to get out well ahead of time Knowing how crummy all the people in the town are But really? I'm the that almost joined Right at the start And right at the end But he's "got kids" So he couldn't help And Gary Cooper face Frank Miller alone. There's a gang comin' And the towns just sittin' around Drinking booze in the bar Prayin' in the church for someone to save em Gettin' out on the train When the Gettin's Good Peepin from their window Secretly hoping Caine wins And wanting him to die at the same time We all wanna believe we'd be there When the chips are down But we aren't. I stood and fought em Fought the monsters for years And I just can't give a damn any more Stabbed in the back One to many times I can be a good friend Be a good father Be a mostly good man But I just can't take any more spiteful Disgusting Cowardly stabs Deep Jagged Glass Right at the back of my neck Twisting till it bleeds So I'll save my family But I'm No Gary Cooper And there is no script God Come to save me against impossible odds Because Hollywood demands a better ending Hell He's probably working for Miller If history says anything But I'm not entirely out of it Maybe polishing my rifle Waiting in the window Just in case But I can't take any more stabs to the back So I keep it to the wall Where I can keep my eyes on everyone All the Damn Time
</event>
<security>public</security>
<allowmask>0</allowmask>
</entry>
<entry>
<itemid>160508</itemid>
<eventtime>2015-03-14 22:58:00</eventtime>
<logtime>2015-03-15 02:58:42</logtime>
<subject>Would I Be In The Posse?</subject>
<event>
by Emmit Other First thing I wrote Was washed away by the sands of time Saying who I wasn't Saying who I was I hate to lose words I write Even a single one I'm not Gary Cooper But I want to be I've been stabbed in the back So many times So many times I definitely do not give a fuck about the town I couldn't die for them They obviously don't care about themselves And I couldn't die for the law But I could probably die for the right thing Which is really weird Because I'm not a moral bastion Not even a little bit But somehow I'll keep trying in my own feeble way Even if I don't believe the Script Gods have a happy ending in mind But hell... Who knows? They wiped the first poem didn't they? So maybe I can fight Frank Miller And not get gunned down like a rat in the street Who knows?
</event>
<security>public</security>
<allowmask>0</allowmask>
</entry>
</livejournal>

No comments:

Post a Comment