Friday, September 25, 2026

Burn the World

 by Emmit Other


They think because part of me is Kind

They think because part of me is Right 

That I am incapable of that which is Necessary

But I am all three

The Hero Shard inside me

Spends most of its time

Heroically not acting

But that doesnt mean I cant act

In a second

When its necessary

They spread fear of me

And they are right to be afraid

For all the wrong reasons

The convenient lies to dehumanize

At my wrath of their dehumanization of others

They say my memory is full of wholes

When I write down everything that ever happens

My journal is as old at the age of 8

Still continuous in 5 volumes

10 novels

Thousands of poems

Seven blogs

Trust me

My memory is just fine thanks

I am hesitant to act rashly

Because I have been the victim of rash action

Doesnt mean I cant act

And wont act

When I see harm done to the innocent

What is is what is

And frankly

Most attempts to paint me as a monster

Are cringe at best 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment