Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Lovely Freedom

by Emmit Other

Christmas
As anyone knows
is in the giving
Not tbe getting
And while it is the thoight that counts
I enjoy it as an art
Considering the person is
And focusing on their being
And choosing a gift to reflect their nature
A grin
that is worth most any cost
I find the exchange of fistwads of cash
measured carefully between the exchangers
gauche at best
And a slow
Water torture drip
of chained obligation
from two people
Who didnt know me
Didnt want to know me
Made up a dog I never had
was eventually a source of mirth
At the head in a bucket
didnt really mean it
school of christianity
So when theee was nothing
No gift at all
From these two
It was meant as an insult
But it was lile a warm summer blanket
wrapping my soul
And finally we can all
admit a little bit more truth
The Dog you invented for me
That I never actually had
Was the best present from you
I ever got
Merry Christmas

No comments:

Post a Comment