Friday, May 22, 2020

Betrayal by the Barrel

by Emmit Other

Franklin once said
Never get into a war
With someone that buys ink by the Barrel
Anyone with an ounce
Of self reflection
Would wonder at the level of betrayal
What is it in me
That inspires such a lack of loyalty
In so many
And I find
I have made some poor choices
The parlance
Of excellence
In the friends I still have
Is cherisment
But it is still an opportunity
In years to come
To be more kind
To be more of a listener
And to  keep an eye out
For those who value nothing
But their own convenience
Investment in Sandcastles
Is not something I ever intend to do again
Open and warm and welcoming
These are the business that makes humankind
But the mirror works both ways
And I will apply the lessons learned
Time to make it so

No comments:

Post a Comment