Wednesday, June 14, 2017

With Great Sadness

by Emmit Other
I am concerned
About the other parts of me
The ones that are right as compared to kind
I just see things as they are
Through paint covered goggles
I don't pretend to any special wisdom
Though I wish it
In the non leprechaun delivered variety
So many friends
Have gone into madness
And I do not regret parting
Though often how I phrase it
And I do regret the parting
I regret that I am now allergic to lies
Dreadfully toxicly allergic to them
And cannot abide a wallower of lies in my life
I am no saint
I am no angel
And my days of lording my self righteousness
As a demi god to a demonic code
Are gone
Long time passing
And such a weight has been lifted there
Oh you cannot imagine
So I do not judge
Though I can't help but perceive
What you are
As you go galloping with glee
Off the cliff and into the fires of Mount Doom
But that doesn't mean I don't miss the times we shared
And hope some day
You deinicnerate yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment